Share your #CBwindows and win a lesson with a window illustrator for your community business
With Community Business Weekend (5-8 Oct) coming up, it’s time to crack open the window pen in your organiser packs and create a beautiful window or chalkboard display to promote your Community Business Weekend event. Share your photos on Twitter or Facebook with the hashtag #CBwindows to enter our competition. The winning entry will get a lesson with a professional window illustrator, who will teach you how to create a beautiful window or chalkboard display for your community business. We’ll be looking for entries that are both creative and promote your Community Business Weekend event.
- Post a photo from your community business Facebook or Twitter account with the hashtag #CBwindows– this must be a window display promoting your Community Business Weekend event, created with the window pen included in your organiser pack, therefore you must be registered for Community Business Weekend to participate.
- Competition open from (1) September to (13) October 2017
- Open to community businesses in England, aged 16 and over.
- Enter as many photos as you would like.
- Also includes chalkboard displays, as we are aware not all community businesses will have windows.
How to enter
To enter, share a photo of your #CBwindows display to your followers via Twitter or Facebook. Your window display should be a way to promote your Community Business Weekend event, but the rest is up to you.
You can enter numerous photos, so get creative!
Full terms and conditions below.
You will win a two hour long lesson with Myro, a professional illustrator who has experience creating beautiful window displays, chalkboards signs etc. and they will start you off with your first professional window display.
Find out about https://www.myrodoodles.com/
Terms and conditions
- This promotion is open to Community Businessesin England, but representatives of each community business entering the competition should be years or over. Any entrants under 18 years of age must obtain parental consent.
- There will be one competition, starting at 10:00 on 1 September 2017 and closing at 23:59 on 13 October 2017. Any entries received outside these times and dates will not be accepted.
- The winner’s prize is a lesson to create an illustrated window with an illustrator. The prize will be hosted at the community business which wins, and it is the responsibility of the prize winner and illustrator to organise a date to have the lesson.
- Winners will be selected by three representatives from the Power to Change Community Business Panel, and the winners will be announced on the October 20, and contacted via the social media channels they entered the competition. The criteria for selection will be for creativity and capturing the essence of your community business and your Community Business Weekend event. If you are a member of the Power to Change Community Business Panel, and you decide to enter the competition – you forfeit your ability to choose a winner. Judging will be based on 1) creativity and 2) promotion of your Community Business Weekend event.
- How to enter: Internet access and a Twitter and/or Facebook account for your community business are required to enter. Online entry via Twitter or Facebook only – all participants must have access to the internet and an active Twitter and/or Facebook account for their organisation. If your community business does not have a Twitter or Facebook account you will need to create one in order to participate and you will require an active email address in order to do this.
- Seehttps://support.twitter.com or https://www.facebook.com/business/learn/set-up-facebook-page
To enter, you can either:
- Tweet your photo of your community business window/chalkboard created with your window pens as part of Community Business Weekend 2017, and you will be automatically entered into the competition. Use the hashtag #CBwindows
- Upload a photo on Facebook of the community business window/chalkboard you’ve created with your window pens as part of Community Business Weekend, and you will be automatically entered into the competition. Use the hashtag #CBwindows
Further terms & conditions:
- By participating in the promotion, the entrant licences and grants the promoter and prize provider exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display pictures send of their #CBwindow display for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert. Participants warrant that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the promotion. Syndicated entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified.
- One overall winner will be picked from all valid entries received and will be notified via Twitter or Facebook within 28 days of the closing date. At the point of winner notification, the winners will be asked to supply a valid email address for the prize to be organised.
- In the event the claim for the prize is not received by the promoter within 28 days of prize notification, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries or claims which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The promoter does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted or secure access to the website. Numerous factors outside the control of the promoter may interfere with the operation of the website.
- There are no cash or other prize alternatives available in whole or in part except in the event of circumstances beyond the promoters reasonable control. The promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the promoter, the prize will only be awarded directly to the winner.
- In the event of circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The name and area of the winner will be available on this page within 3 months of the closing date. By entering this promotion, you consent to the use of this information being used in this manner.
- The winner agrees to reasonable post-event publicity by the promoter with no further recompense.
- Any questions concerning the legal interpretation of these terms & conditions will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation this clause.
- The promoter monitors entrants’ responses to this Promotion and any responses which are, or could be regarded, as being disrespectful towards other members of the Twitter or Facebook communities or which contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress will be removed from the Promotion. Compliance will be judged on the context, medium, audience, and prevailing standards. The Promoter reserves the right to remove any responses in breach of this term with immediate effect, at its sole discretion.
Promoter: Power to Change, The Clarence Centre, 6 St Georges Circus, London, SE1 6FE