Whatever your community business and whatever stage you are at, there are plenty of ways to celebrate and get involved in Community Business Weekend 2020, so join us!
Why take part?
Over the last four years, community businesses up and down the country have organised events during Community Business Weekend to:
- Engage or re-engage with their community by showcasing their services and explaining how their business benefits the local area
- Get local people signed up to volunteer, buy community shares or even become trustees
- Celebrate this unique business model that puts local people in power and say thank you to their volunteers and supporters
- Invite local dignitaries such as MPs, local councillors and mayors to raise the profile of their business
- Understand what the needs of their community are before setting up a new community business or project
- Consult local people about new plans and ideas
Follow us and spread the word on social media (and remember to use the hashtag #CBWkd20)
Tell your community
Make sure your opening hours are featured on the events page and that all your staff and volunteers are aware of Community Business Weekend. Spread the word in your community by contacting local schools, colleges, councillors and MPs using some letter templates we’ve created for you.
Community Business Weekend aims to shine a light on the wonderful work community businesses do across the country, so shout about it! We’ve compiled some useful resources and links to help you host and promote your event, including links to your regional support and graphics. Check them out here!