How much time do you have?
Whatever stage your business is at, Community Business Weekend can fit in around your business needs, and how much planning time you have. Here are some of the things you could do to take part but there is plenty of room for your own innovation and imagination.
We will be sharing all of our updates via social media, so first things first make sure you follow:
- @communitybiz on Facebook
- @peoplesbiz on Twitter
- @peoplesbiz on Instagram
- Power to Change YouTube
- Post your business hours on to our map and make sure all your staff know what Community Business Weekend is. More info in our events guide.
- Share the content we have created on social media using our social media templates and social media template guide.
- Create your own #CommunityBusinessMatters social media posts using our templates.
- Help us spread the word in the media by posting content in your newsletters/your website or by sending your story to the local media. We’ve created some template news stories to make this easier for you.
Whatever, the size and scale of your event, don’t forget to share your plans:
- On our events map and you will receive free stickers and bunting
- On social media
- Let us know at email@example.com and we can share it.
1 hour or longer
- Spreading the word to your community – by contacting local schools, colleges, councillors, and MPs you can spread the message about your Community Business and encourage them to get involved in the celebrations. To help you do this we have created some template letters for you to edit and send out.
- Create your own #CommunityBusinessMatters films that showcase your community business by watching our guide on creating a film.
- Host your own event – there are lots of different types of event that you could host from an open-doors event, a pop-up, taking people on a tour, running a surgery session, raising awareness of a community share offer and so on. For further information and ideas download our events guide.
Community businesses come in all shapes and sizes, some have been going for years others are just the spark of an idea. Whatever your business, whatever stage you are at, there are plenty of ways to celebrate and get involved in Community Business Weekend 2019. See what other community businesses have done to celebrate Community Business Weekend in the past.
Community Business Weekend is supported by Power to Change, the independent charitable trust set up to support community businesses to create better places across England. For support and funding for your community business, visit www.powertochange.org.uk